Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I tried to call but you didn't answer

"Hello blog."

"Hello yourself."

"Don't do that to me.  You know how busy I've been these past two weeks."

"Not too busy to hang out with all your other friends."

"You're really bringing my son's birthday party into this?  That's cold, man.  Cold."

"Whatever.  It just gets lonely out here all by myself.  Nothing to do but smile when a few people stop by to have a look around--which isn't that often by the way."

"Alright, alright.  Well, I've got some blog post ideas, if you want to hear them."

"Yeah, sure, go ahead."

"Love the enthusiasm.  For starters, I've got two books to review."

"Ooh, two books.  You're a reading wonder."

"I'll ignore your sarcasm.  I also saw an interesting story about how evangelicals are the biggest highlighters on Kindle."

"And, pray you, where did you hear of this story?"

"On a blog."

"So your blog post will just be a link to another blog post?"

"No, well, um, I'll, you know, put my own comments and stuff."

"Your creativity astonishes me.  A real Picasso.  The Frank Gehry of the blogosphere."

"Who?"

"Look him up."

"I'm getting tired of this.  I tried to say I'm sorry, but you're obviously not having any of it.  Which reminds me of an idea I had for another blog altogether."

"What!?"

"A blog on life in the city.  Urban criticism, or something like that."

"Hold on.  Wait a minute.  I'm sorry for my tone."

"That's ok."

"I just hate the thought of you running off with some new hussy blog."

"I don't think my own idea that came from my own head could really be called a 'new hussy blog.'"

"You know what I mean!  Let's just put this behind us, ok?"

"That's what I've been trying to do the whole time!"

"Well, I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too."

No comments:

Post a Comment